Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior; and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; we do now, in the presence of God, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ. We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit:
- To walk together in Christian love, unity, and purity that Christ may be properly displayed both inside the church and to those in the world around us (John 13:35; Romans 16:19; Galatians 6:9-10; 1 Thessalonians 1:7).
- To strive by prayer, testimony, and example to influence friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances to a saving faith in Jesus Christ and to seek the spread of the gospel to all peoples (Matthew 28:18-20; Colossians 4:5-6).
- To watch over one another in brotherly love, praying for, encouraging, admonishing and ministering to one another (Hebrews 3:13, 10:24-5).
- To engage in the spiritual disciplines of Bible study and prayer in order to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord, and to influence those under our care to do the same (2 Peter 3:18).
- To be submissive to the authority of God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12).
- To respect and pray for the leadership of the church (Hebrews 13:7, 17).
- To be committed in our attendance and my service (Acts 2:46; Hebrews 10:23-25).
- To support the ordinances, worship, doctrine, mission, and growth of this church in word and deed (Acts 2:42-47).
- To be faithful to exercise our gifts in ministry (Romans 12:1-8; 1 Peter 4:10).
- To be responsible by giving regularly that the work and mission of the church may move forward (Malachi 3:10, Matthew 23:23; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.